Friday, February 20, 2009

Introducing Opi

Today I would like to present to you Opi. Opi is my sweet little boy. He will be 6 this summer. Originally he was a skinny, scrawny looking little guy. When he was a little over a year old we had him neutered and he BALLOONED! Previously, we were afraid that he wasn't getting enough to eat although he seemed to eat everything we gave him. We have friends in Missouri, close to Kansas City. They came to visit us several years ago and said they had one chi left from a litter and they had considered bringing him to us. Well, we said we would have loved to have him. So, when they went home, they packed the little guy in a carrier and put him on an airplane. I had no idea what he looked like--color, size or whatever. Poor little guy was so scared when mil went with me to the airport to pick him up. He adopted me right off the bat though. He had to sit on my lap while I drove us home--I know that wasn't the safest thing to do but the circumstances were special don't cha think? He has become a couch potato and a momma's boy. If my husband tries to wake me up, Opi goes into what we have dubbed, his rottweiler role. He stands up in a miniature aggressive position and growls and barks at dh. If you're wondering where we got his name, Opi is an informal way to say "grandpa" in German. Since there was already an "Omi" (grandma) in the family we decided to name him "Opi." Yes, in some ways, we are a strange couple lol! In this picture, Opi is snuggled in his little bed in front of a space heater. Oh, and fyi, he only uses his bed for naps because he sleeps with us. So now you have met my little boy. I hope you have enjoyed the experience. Hugs and wagging tails ...

No comments:

Post a Comment