Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Opi Isn't Feeling Too Perky Today

Opi isn't feeling too well today. He's kind of sleepy and sluggish. I'll have to keep an eye on him and make sure that he's getting something to eat and drink. It is very easy for chihuahuas to become dehydrated or hypoglycemic. Once when Opi was younger (about 1 1/2 yrs. old), he gave us a big scare. He was outside playing and romping around the backyard. Then we noticed that he looked like a drunken pooch stumbling and falling down. I grabbed him up and dh called an after hours vet emergency number. They told us to get Opi to drink and eat something. I did that plus I gave him a small spoonful of karo syrup and then my little boy seemed to be his usual self. Needless to say, I think it was tougher on dh and me. We weren't scared--we were TERRIFIED! So, I'm keeping a close eye on my little boy today. Here is an article on hypoglycemia in chihuahuas for your information. Wagging Tails and Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment